Miniature Ordnance Review looks at the world of historical and fantasy miniatures wargaming and model building. From 15mm Flames of War, to Warhammer 40K, to 1/35th scale tanks, with some potential surprises on the horizon - you'll find them here!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Weathering Magazine - 1945

Now that I'm mostly recovered from a nasty sinus infection, I'm starting to get back to the various projects which have been neglected for the past 3 weeks. Look for future blog posts on progress on the Polish Black Brigade, a review of the new plastic Panther/Jagdpanther from Battlefront, and more!

Ammo of Mig publishes a periodical entitled The Weathering Magazine. The magazine has covered a variety of topics, and is available in multiple languages including English, Spanish, French and Russian. The most recent issue is simply entitled "1945" and covers a variety of unique subjects and hypothetical subjects from the final months of World War II in Europe. Ammo of Mig covers both aircraft and tanks, so there's a little of something for everyone in this particular issue.


I found the article on painting and weathering the Waffentrager particularly inspiring - especially since it looks like we're going to get at least one variant of the vehicle for the upcoming Berlin supplement for Flames of War. There is also a great article on weathering a Panzer IV/70 (V) as well (see image below), which I may just have to actually try on a few vehicles. As always, each article provides step by step instructions.


As Mig Jimenez himself states in the preface to this particular edition, the year 1945 provides a wide array of unique modeling opportunities. The staff of individuals contributing to The Weathering Magazine is truly talented, and while I'll never reach their level, their work always serves as a source of inspiration for me. I've found that even with my far more modest skill set I can pick up tips and tricks which I can apply to the 15mm miniatures in Flames of War. I highly recommend this issue to anyone wanting to model or wargame with a force from the last desperate days of World War II.

No comments:

Post a Comment